I consider myself a line drive hitter with power. I just try to put my best swing on the ball every time.
I decided to pick out the greatest hitter to watch and study, and Jackson was good enough for me.babe ruth
I copied Jackson's style because I thought he was the greatest hitter I had ever seen, the greatest natural hitter I ever saw. He's the guy who made me a hitter.babe ruth
A man has to have goals — for a day, for a lifetime — and that was mine, to have people say, "There goes Ted Williams, the greatest hitter who ever lived."ted williams
If you walk somebody, you just have to get the next hitter out. You can't be frustrated about walks or who is on base. If you've got good stuff that night, you're good enough to get the next hitter out.carlos zambrano
By the time that he mowed the last man down He was high as he had ever been Laughing to the sounds of the world going around Completely unaware of the win And while the papers would say he was scattered that day He was pretty as a pitcher could be The day Dock Ellis of the pittsburgh pirates Threw a no hitter on lsdtodd snider
Life is inherently ambiguous; baseball games pit pure good against abject evil. Even Saddam Hussein must have committed one act of kindness in his life, but what iota of good could possibly be said for aluminum bats or the designated hitter rule?
Guessing what the pitcher is going to throw is 80 percent of being a successful hitter. The other 20 percent is just execution.hank aaron