There are endless ways to tell someone you love them. Whether you are having a heart-to-heart with your significant other or want to send a card or letter to someone special, a sweet quote can give you just the right words to express your love.
Finding the Right Love Quote
It is sometimes hard to find the right words to tell someone what is in your heart. The following very sweet quotes should prove helpful to you as you express your emotions. Some of these quotes are from unknown authors while others are from well-known writers, movies and songs. You can always tailor the quote to fit your particular need.
Consider the following:
- You are the first and last thing on my mind each and every day. - Unknown
- What I have with you, I don't want with anyone else. - Unknown
- I will never finish falling in love with you. - Unknown
- I love you to the moon and back. - Unknown
- If I could be anything in the world I would want to be a teardrop because I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips. - Unknown
- The spaces between your fingers were created so that my fingers can fill them in. - Unknown
- I love you with all of my heart, body, and soul. You complete me. You make my life worth living. To have known you and to have loved you has been the most beautiful dream. I can only hope that I never wake up. - Unknown
- If I had to choose between loving you and breathing, I would use my last breath to say, "I love you". - Unknown
- My favorite place in the world is right next to you. - Unknown
- I need you and you need me and that is the way it is supposed to be. - Unknown
- Forever is a long time but I wouldn't mind spending it by your side. - Unknown
- Loving you was one of the best decisions of my life. - Unknown
- For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. - Judy Garland
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. - A. A. Milne
- Life is the flower for which love is the honey. - Victor Hugo
- Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit. - Kahlil Gibran
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. - Aristotle
- The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough. - George Edward Moore
- Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. - Emily Bronte
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss
- Two souls with but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one. - Friedrich Halm
- If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever. - Alfred Lord Tennyson
- And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars. - Beth Revis
- So this is love, so this is what makes life divine. - Disney's Cinderella
- Love is a song that never ends. - Disney's Bambi
- I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love. - "Make You Feel My Love," Adele
- There is no fear now. Let go and just be free. I will love you unconditionally. - "Unconditionally," Katy Perry
- You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be. - "Iris," Goo Goo Dolls
- And should this be the last thing I see, I want you to know it's enough for me. 'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need. - "Tenerife Sea," Ed Sheeran
- You are, and always have been, my dream. - The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks
- I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours. - The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks
- You had me at hello. - Renee Zellweger as Dorothy Boyd in Jerry Maguire
- I love you. You... you complete me. - Tom Cruise in Jerry Maguire
- For all the things my hands have held, the best by far is you. - "Cecilia and the Satellite," Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
- Cause all of me, Loves all of you, Love your curves and all your edges, All your perfect imperfections. - "All of Me," John Legend
- In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine. - Maya Angelou
Now that you have some sweet quotes ready to use on your loved one, how about adding a few lines of a romantic poem? Many of the sweetest love verses can be found in poetry.
Here's an excerpt from Elizabeth Barrett Browning's poem "How Do I Love Thee?":
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height, My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight, For the ends of being and ideal grace.
Here's an excerpt from Lord Byron's "She Walks in Beauty:"
She walks in beauty, like the night, Of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that's best of dark and bright, Meet in her aspect and her eyes.
Here are the first four lines of "i carry your heart with me" by E. E. Cummings:
i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)
Pablo Neruda writes in his "Sonnet Viii: If Your Eyes Were Not The Color Of The Moon:"
But when I hold you I hold everything that is - sand, time, the tree of the rain,
everything is alive so that I can be alive: without moving I can see it all: in your life I see everything that lives.
Elements of a Love Quote
If you can't find just the right quote to describe how you feel, you can always create an original sweet quote or poetry verse using your own loving words. When doing so, be sure to include some of the following elements:
- Who your love is directed at
- What makes your love so special
- Anything unique or outstanding that sets your beloved apart from others
- Sweet words that come from your heart
- Anything special between the two of you
- The story of how you met or fell in love
When To Use a Love Quote
You can use a very sweet love quote when talking to that special someone in your life (or someone you hope will be special) and you want to make a great impression while letting them know how much they mean to you. You can also use a loving quote in the following situations:
- As part of a message in a birthday or anniversary card
- As a Valentine message
- When writing a letter to your love
- For your wedding vows
- As part of an apology to your significant other
- When proposing marriage
Profess Your Love
Sweet quotes on love are ideal to use when you want to open your heart and express your true feelings to the one you love and adore. A simple quote can make a big impact and is sure to make a lasting impression on whoever it is used on.
If you're still searching for that perfect quote about love YourDictionary has more love to give here.