Two-faced people are dishonest or hypocritical; who present "one face" at one time and another face at another. For example, someone who is said to be two-faced may pretend to be your friend when you are around and then talk badly about you behind your back when you aren't.
Throughout history, there have been people who can be said to be "two-faced." For example, Julius Caesar, of the immortal words "et tu Brute" might have described his friend Brutus as two-faced (if he wasn't busy speaking in Latin, that is).
Two-Faced People: Sayings and Quotes
There are lots of different quotes about two-faced people that can be found on the Internet. Here are some examples collected from a variety of different websites. Many of these quotes are well known and may be familiar already.
- If your gonna be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty. - Unknown
- Although I'm proposing these two rules to strengthen your ability to deal with backstabbing, you're still going to have to protect yourself - you don't want to get stabbed in the front for your troubles. - Ronny J. Coleman
- While you're stabbing my back, you can kiss my behind too. - Unknown
- Liars are always most disposed to swear. - Vittorio Alfieri
- Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They're only powerful when you got your back turned. - Eminem
- The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else. - George Bernard Shaw
- Backstabbing is nothing new. In biblical times, King David experienced the pain of betrayal. - Les Parrott
- You're just like a penny... two-faced and worthless. - Unknown
- True friends stab you in the front. - Oscar Wilde
- The world is not fair, and often fools, cowards, liars and the selfish hide in high places. - Bryant H. McGill
- If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one? - Abraham Lincoln
Quotes About Hypocrites and Hypocrisy
- Many of us believe that wrongs aren't wrong if it's done by nice people like ourselves. - Unknown
- It's silly to go on pretending that under the skin we are all brothers. The truth is more likely that under the skin we are all cannibals, assassins, traitors, liars, hypocrites, poltroons. - Henry Miller
- That which we call sin in others is experiment for us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The hypocrite's crime is that he bears false witness against himself. What makes it so plausible to assume that hypocrisy is the vice of vices is that integrity can indeed exist under the cover of all other vices except this one. Only crime and the criminal, it is true, confront us with the perplexity of radical evil; but only the hypocrite is really rotten to the core. - Hannah Arendt
These quotes cover the topics of dishonesty and hypocrisy with sharp wit and eloquence.