There are many entertaining science quotes available on the Internet. Science has allowed for numerous advancements for mankind; it helps us to discover cures for diseases, put a man on the moon, or explain evolution. However, science is also confusing sometimes to some people and scientific terms can be like a foreign language. At any rate, whether you are a science lover or a person who dreads technical scientific language, here are some science-related quotes that you are sure to enjoy.
Funny Science Quotes
The following humorous science quotes were collected from the widespread information available around the Internet. They are a good representation of how funny quotes can be derived from a discipline like science that is not know for its humor.
- I think science has enjoyed an extraordinary success because it has such a limited and narrow realm in which to focus its efforts. Namely, the physical universe. - Ken Jenkins
- Science... never solves a problem without creating ten more. - George Bernard Shaw
- The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka! [I've found it!]', but 'That's funny…' - Isaac Asimov
- Great scientific discoveries have been made by men seeking to verify quite erroneous theories about the nature of things. - Aldous Huxley
- Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night, God said: "Let Newton be!", and all was light - Alexander Pope
- If I am given a formula, and I am ignorant of its meaning, it cannot teach me anything, but if I already know it what does the formula teach me? - St. Augustine
- A mathematician's reputation rests on the number of bad proofs he has given. - A.S. Besicovich
- The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance. - Robert Covey
- A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there" - Charles R. Darwin
- Math is like love - a simple idea but it can get complicated. - R. Drabek
- A fact is a simple statement that everyone believes. It is innocent, unless found guilty. A hypothesis is a novel suggestion that no one wants to believe. It is guilty, until found effective. - Edward Teller
- I've heard that the government wants to put a tax on the mathematically ignorant. Funny, I thought that's what the lottery was - Gallagher
- Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions." - Evan Esar
- If your result needs a statistician then you should design a better experiment." - Ernest Rutherford
- The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage. - Mark Russell
- Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. - Douglas Adams
- An important scientific innovation rarely makes its way by gradually winning over and converting its opponents: What does happen is that the opponents gradually die out. - Max Planck
- Nothing shocks me. I'm a scientist. - Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones
Enjoy these entertaining, science-related quotes. They are only the tip of the iceberg of funny things which have been said about science.
See more science quotes
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Funny Quotes About Science." YourDictionary. LoveToKnow. quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/quotes-about-science.html.
Funny Quotes About Science. (n.d.). In YourDictionary. Retrieved from https://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/quotes-about-science.html