Life. It’s a funny thing isn’t it? It’s full of surprises. The best laid plans don’t always turn out the way you plan. People can be funny. And it’s something everyone ponders and few of us ever really solve. So, you know how laughter is the best medicine? Take it all with a grain of salt. Here are some funny quotes about living life that might inspire us to take the road less traveled - one of light-heartedness and fun.
Funny Quotes About Living Life
There’s no such thing as a life without difficulty. Trials and tribulations will always exist. But, what if we could find a way to lighten those struggles? Some of the greatest writers and comedians sought out ways to endure the bumps in the road a little more smoothly. Funny life lessons often come after hard times. Perhaps some of their advice will ring true for you, too:
- “Just when you think there's light at the end of the tunnel, you discover it's an oncoming train.” - Robert Lowell
- “There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them.” - Lawrence Welk
- “The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life.” - George Carlin
- “When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.” - Tom Snyder
- “Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” - Mark Twain
How to Survive Life
What’s the best way to live? Should we follow a strict rulebook? Or, should we go with the flow and enjoy a few temptations from time to time? Let’s review more funny inspirational life quotes to see what some of the literary greats have to say on the matter:
- “Don’t worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older, it will avoid you.” - Joey Adams
- “Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." - Albert Einstein
- “All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.” - Sean O'Casey
- “In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back.” - Charles Schulz
- “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow! What a ride!’” - Hunter S. Thompson
- “If at first you don’t succeed then skydiving definitely isn’t for you.” - Steven Wright
- “Short cuts make long delays.” - J.R.R. Tolkien
Thoughts on Relationships
Just like a life without strife is unavoidable, so is a life without human interaction. Some will be great encounters. Others? Not so much. Here’s a look at how to roll with the punches and not take people quite so seriously.
- “In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.” - Joey Adams
- “If a man smiles all the time, he's probably selling something that doesn't work.” - George Carlin
- “Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.” - George Carlin
- “Alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse.” - Groucho Marx
- “Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?” - Groucho Marx
- “The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.” - Groucho Marx
- “Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.” - Andy Rooney
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.” - Charles Schulz
- “I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.” - Jon Stewart
For a more positive spin on the “institution” of marriage, take a look at this list of romantic words!
Death and Dying
Funny life quotes will even pertain to death. We all wonder what will happen when the curtains close. Here are a few opinions on the matter:
- “I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.” - Woody Allen
- “When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.” - Will Rogers
- “Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.” - Tom Stoppard
- “Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” - Mark Twain
- “The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.” - Mark Twain
Let’s Just Live
Let’s just live! We all come into the world the same way; we’ll all leave it the same way, too. When troubles come knocking on our doors, let’s remember no one ever promised us a free and easy life. When we enter into new relationships, let’s not take it all too seriously.
How about a little more inspiration before you move onto the next task on your calendar? Take a scroll through these inspirational quotes. Maybe one will reach out and grab you today. Until then, let’s all keep living our best (and most enjoyable) lives!