Choosing a memorable yearbook quote or catchphrase is a great way to make a lasting impression. Let your legacy live on in the pages of your yearbook and use a quote that reflects your personality and wit. There are endless quotes and catchphrases to consider from serious to silly.
Yearbook Quotes to Use With a Theme
There are various quotes and sayings that can work beautifully as part of the yearbook design and theme. When looking for quotes or catchphrases to go with the design of the yearbook, consider colors, journeys or even a popular movie from the year. Starting the book with an inspirational quote about being yourself, or having courage, or something that ties directly into the overall theme of the book, such as dreamers or new beginnings are also good choices. Some popular quotes to consider:
- "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go." - Dr. Seuss
- "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." - Steve Jobs
- "All our dreams can come true...if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
- "If you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true." - Cinderella
Many yearbooks have pages filled with memories of the year. There can be quotes or saying on the page that fit into the theme of the book or the theme for the seniors. The following are some simple sayings that can be used with a theme for the yearbook:
- Dare to dream!
- Focus on the future.
- If these walls could talk.
- Live and learn!
- These are the moments.
- Watch out, world.
- Oh, the places we've been!
- Today's special moments are the memories of tomorrow.
- Every end is a new beginning.
- This moment will be just another story one day.
- One step beyond
- Stars of the future
Senior Yearbook Quotes
For the senior's pages many schools use a quote under the photo of the student—something short and simple. The student typically chooses a quote that defines them or is a reflection of their personality.
There are quotes you can use from songs, movies or by famous people:
- "Once you grow up, you can't come back!" - Peter Pan
- "Goodbye everyone! I will remember you all in therapy." - Plankton
- "I hope you had the time of your life." - Green Day, "Time of Your Life"
- "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you will get." - Forest Gump
- “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” - T.S. Eliot
- “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
- "We’ve come too far to give up who we are, so let’s raise the bar and our cups to the stars." - Daft Punk, "Get Lucky"
- “I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable. I am an original.” - Hamilton
- "Feeling so good. Looking so bad." - Rihanna, "Rock Star 101"
The following quotes can be used by students who want something witty and personality defining as their catchphrase:
- I'm not actually funny. I'm just really mean and people think I am joking.
- I wanted to be a nice person but everyone was always so stupid.
- I hate my name! (Use this if you have an unusual name or it's hard to pronounce.)
- I haven't even begun to peak.
- Cheaters may never win but I just graduated!
- Don't just follow your dreams...follow my twitter @
- Thank you, teachers, for never giving up on me.
- See you all at the 10-year reunion!
- One day I will rule the world.
- Do your own thing.
- We did our time and now we are free!
- Live every day like it is your last.
- I'm not here to be average. I'm here to be awesome!
- Don't look back since you are not going that way.
- Watch out! I may be your future president!
- High school looked so much cooler on TV.
- So much to do, no desire to do it!
- You will regret not dating me in high school.
- If movies have taught me anything, now the real fun starts.
- Goodbye old boyfriends. Hello new boyfriends!
Quotes from the Parents
Some yearbooks have a section where the parents can add a message to their graduating senior. You can either add something special from the heart as a message or use a quote. Some ideas to consider as a parent include:
- "No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings." - William Blake
- "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
- Before you were born we dreamed about the young woman/man you would become. You have turned out even better than our best dreams.
- Always remember, never forget, and look towards the future!
- Reach for the stars, they are yours!
- Anything is possible if you believe in yourself!
- May you always dare to do great things in life.
- Keep your dreams big and worries small.
- This is the beginning of anything you want.
- Follow your heart and you will never go wrong.
Yearbook Signing Ideas
There are many catchy sayings to use when signing someone's yearbook. In addition to the classic "Keep in touch" and "Remember me always," there are a variety of sayings to use when signing a yearbook of a fellow student. Check out the following ideas:
- Cheers to the mistakes we've made, cheers to the laughs we've shared!
- Our senior year has been a blast, only thing is it's gone by way too fast.
- Remember me when you are rich and famous!
- Live each day as if it were your last.
- Be yourself and the world will be a better place.
- Stay true to who you are.
- Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle.
- Over and out.
- I hope this isn't our last goodbye.
- Always stay humble and kind.
- On to the next chapter!
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” - Dr. Seuss
- “You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing.” — E.B. White
- Write on the spine of the page with "I signed your crack!"
Make a Lasting Impression
A yearbook is a great way to commemorate the fun or drama of high school and is something you can look back on for years to come. So using a witty or meaningful yearbook quote or saying will make a lasting impression. You can add some flair to your yearbook by incorporating one of these catchphrases or quotes that sums up your feelings or personality, or you can use them as inspiration to come up with a unique phrase tailored to you.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Yearbook Quotes and Catch Phrases." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 18 June 2018. <http://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/yearbook-catch-phrases.html>.
Yearbook Quotes and Catch Phrases. (n.d.). Retrieved June 18th, 2018, from http://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/yearbook-catch-phrases.html