Meaningful and important quotes about life can help you through a difficult or challenging time that you are facing. They can give you a new perspective, be used to inspire, or help you affirm that life is worth living and enjoying.
Quotes About Life
The following meaningful quotes about life have been chosen from those that are widely disseminated on the Internet. A majority of the quotes are either statements from celebrities or authors, or have become widespread and loved by many.
- Life is an opportunity, benefit from it; Life is beauty, admire it; Life is bliss, taste it; Life is a dream, realize it; Life is a challenge, meet it; Life is a duty, complete it; Life is a game, play it; Life is a promise, fulfill it; Life is sorrow, overcome it; Life is a song, sing it; Life is a struggle, accept it; Life is a tragedy, confront it; Life is an adventure, dare it; Life is luck, make it; Life is too precious, do not destroy it.; Life is life, fight for it. - Mother Teresa
- A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. - Charles Darwin
- Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. We would not dare to conceive the things which are really merely commonplaces of existence. If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city, gently remove the roofs and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the planning, the cross-purposes, the wonderful chain of events, working through generations and leading to the most outer results, it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable. - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Life is the hyphen between matter and spirit. - Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare
- Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once. - Lillian Dickson
Quotes About How to Live Life
- Gather ye rosebuds while ye may; Old Time is still a-flying; And this same flower that smiles to-day; To-morrow will be dying. - Robert Herrick
- Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact - William James
- Fear less, hope more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Hate less, love more; And all good things are yours. - Swedish Proverb
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein
- Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. - Mark Twain
- I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well. - Diane Ackerman
- In the game of life it's a good idea to have a few early losses, which relieves you of the pressure of trying to maintain an undefeated season. - Bill Baughan
- When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." - Erma Bombeck
- Once we recognize what it is we are feeling, once we recognize we can feel deeply, love deeply, can feel joy, then we will demand that all parts of our lives produce that kind of joy. - Audre Lorde
- Whatever you are be a good one. - Abraham Lincoln
With a variety of meaningful, poignant quotes about life you can find the quotes that reflect your life views and philosophy.
See more life quotes
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Meaningful Quotes About Life." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 16 August 2018. <http://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/quotes-about-life.html>.
Meaningful Quotes About Life. (n.d.). Retrieved August 16th, 2018, from http://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/quotes-about-life.html