Using a catchy "go green" phrase can help draw the attention of those around you and bring awareness to the environmental issues that affect us all. There are a wide variety of catchphrases that can be used by volunteer organizations, schools, and environmental groups to assist them in their Go Green campaigns.
Go Green Sayings
You see go green catchphrases everywhere: T-shirts, billboards, mugs, posters, buttons, and especially on recycling bins and reusable shopping bags. Being “green” has come to be associated with caring for the planet and being environmentally friendly and that covers a lot of different things from simply recycling at home to supporting renewable, eco-friendly resources.
Public Awareness Catchphrases
Go Green phrases can be used to raise awareness at events and rallies. These simple slogans can also be used at schools and businesses. Some catchy public awareness green phrases include:
- Go green or go home
- Give green a chance
- Live green, love green, think green
- Think green, act green
- Don't be mean, be green
- Get into the green scene
- It pays to be green
- When the going gets tough, the tough go green
- Good planets are hard to find
- There is no Planet B
- Vote Earth
- Show you care, do your share
- What would nature do?
- Buy local
Resource conservation and energy conservation are important issues in the Go Green movement. Using conservation catchphrases is a great way to get the word out on the importance of managing and preserving the world's resources. Some catchphrases used to encourage saving energy, water and resources include:
- Global warming is not cool!
- Conserve energy to save on green
- Make conservation a habit
- Act like you live here and conserve our resources
- Turn off the lights and conserve energy
- Water is life, so don't waste it!
- Water is a privilege, so don't take it for granted
- Make Earth Day everyday
- Go green and save paper
- Waste less to be the best
- It does not take much energy to conserve energy
- Don't use it all, or Earth will fall
Recyling / Upcycling Catchphrases
Reusing and recycling items are important aspects of the Go Green movement. Instead of simply throwing away things, consider recycling or upcycling as alternatives. Some catchy phrases that can be used to encourage recycling and / or upcycling include:
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Save paper, save trees, save the planet
- Join the Green Side
- Save our future and recycle today
- Lose it if you don't reuse it!
- Are you in doubt? Then don't throw it out
- Recycle or die!
- Choose to reuse
- Be smart and recycle
- Feel fantastic and recycle your plastic!
- Keep Calm and Bring Your Own Bag
- You will always have more when you need less
Keeping your local environment and the planet free from pollution is essential to going green. You can use the following catchphrases to show the importance of not polluting as part of leading a greener life:
- Your planet needs you
- Where do you think the environment is?
- Clean and green
- Give a hoot and don't pollute
- Keep it clean and go green
- The clear solution is to end pollution
- Be part of the revolution and say "No" to pollution
- Go green to keep our air clean
- Be pollution free
- The only way to be is pollution free
Go Green Quotes
A thoughtful quote about the state of our planet and our attitude to it can also help get your message across or serve as a reminder to yourself of why you are making this effort. Some of them are very old, so you can see that thinking green is really not a new concept.
- "Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy
- "The frog does not drink up the pond in which he lives." - Native American Proverb
- "We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive." - Albert Einstein
- "What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another." - Gandhi
- "We all moan and groan about the loss of the quality of life through the destruction of our ecology, and yet every one of us, in our own little comfortable ways, contributes daily to that destruction. It's time now to awaken in each one of us the respect and attention our beloved Mother deserves." - Ed Asner
- "What's the use of a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?" - Henry David Thoreau
- "No water, no life. No blue, no green." - Sylvia Earle
- "The planet is here for our delight, but it is also here for us to change, to make it the best it can be." – Kelly Cutrone
- "Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land."- Aldo Leopold
- "We're running the most dangerous experiment in history right now, which is to see how much carbon dioxide the atmosphere... can handle before there is an environmental catastrophe." - Elon Musk
- "We are using resources as if we had two planets, not one. There can be no 'plan B' because there is no 'planet B'." - Ban Ki Moon
- "We live on this speck called Earth - think about what you might do, today or tomorrow - and make the most of it." - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Make a Difference
You can have an impact on those around you by bringing awareness to such important issues as going green for the sake of the environment. Whether you are looking for a catchphrase for your organization or are making a poster for an environmental campaign, using a slogan with a Go Green phrase is a great way to get your message out there and help make a difference.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Go Green Catch Phrases." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 17 August 2018. <http://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/go-green-catch-phrases.html>.
Go Green Catch Phrases. (n.d.). Retrieved August 17th, 2018, from http://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/go-green-catch-phrases.html