Halloween is the one time of year when you can be anything you want to be. Just put on a mask or a fun costume, and you can try on a new identity. It's certainly a holiday that rewards creativity! Although it's traditionally a bit spooky or even scary, Halloween is also a great time to let your sense of humor show.
To get in the spirit of the sillier side of Halloween, try these funny quotes on for size. Maybe one will inspire you to dress up as a crazy character to hand out candy or invite your friends over for a pun-tastic costume party.
- "I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween." - Charles S. Swartz
- "I'd dress up as Siri for Halloween if my life didn't already entail being asked stupid questions all day.” - Unknown
- "Last Halloween was bad for me. I got beat up. I went to a party dressed as a piñata." - Jim Samuels
- "For Halloween we dressed up as almonds. Everyone could tell we were nuts!" - Unknown
- "When I was 12, I went as mother for Halloween. I put on a pair of heels, went door to door, and criticized what everyone else was wearing." - Robin Bach
- "I want to be something really scary for Halloween this year, so I'm dressing up as a phone battery at two percent." - Unknown
- "The older you get, the harder it is to find someone to share a horse costume with you." - Unknown
- "The only thing that really scare me about Halloween is running out of candy." - Melanie White
- "Remember when we used to worry about some weirdo having a razor blade inside an apple on Halloween? Not anymore. Like a kid today would eat an apple." - Jay Leno
- "This Halloween the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him." - Conan O'Brien
- "For Halloween, everyone on my street has bodies in their lawns. It's like living in Florida." - Jason Love
- "The real monsters are the people that give away little boxes of raisins instead of Halloween candy." - Mike Raphone
- "The adults celebrate the First of November as International Eat Your Kid's Halloween Candy After They Fall Asleep Day." - Unknown
- "Halloween was confusing. All my life my parents said, 'Never take candy from strangers’. And then they dressed me up and said, 'Go beg for it’.” - Rita Rudner
- "For Halloween I've decided the easiest thing to do is give up caffeine. If that doesn't scare the hell out of everyone around me, nothing will." - Unknown
- "Halloween is the only time I can convince others that my children are monsters." - Unknown
- "I remember when Halloween was the scariest night of the year. Now it's election night." - Unknown
- "For Halloween I'm gonna be emotionally stable. No one's gonna know it's me." - Andrea Gibson
- "A group of wine experts has actually come up with a list of the best wines to pair with Halloween candy. They say, ‘White wine goes great with Skittles, red wine goes great with Twix, and ... we're alcoholics, aren't we?’" - Jimmy Fallon
- "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself ... and spiders." - Unknown
When Halloween rolls around, you can get creative and decorate by making a few signs with your favorite funny quotes or deliver one of these one-liners at a party as a great joke. Mix a little — or a lot! — of humor into Halloween night, and you're sure to be the life and soul (or is that ghoul?) of the party wherever you go.
For more great Halloween quotations and sayings visit our quotes page.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Funny Halloween Sayings." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 23 May 2018. <http://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/funny-halloween-sayings.html>.
Funny Halloween Sayings. (n.d.). Retrieved May 23rd, 2018, from http://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/funny-halloween-sayings.html